Vegan Peanut Butter Tart with Double Chocolate Crust
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 3 hours
No oven is needed for this delectable chocolate and peanut butter treat from the kitchen of @vegamelon!
- 2 Double Chocolate + Peanut Butter Chips MacroBar
- 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Plant-Based Milk of Choice
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp Agar-Agar Powder
1. In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients (MacroBars, rolled oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and maple syrup) and blend into a slightly sticky, homogeneous mixture. If too dry, add in a of splash water.
2. Transfer the mixture to a tart pan and press evenly into the edges. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, add the milk(s) and maple syrup into a saucepan.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer while whisking in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agar-agar.
5. Once thoroughly incorporated, remove from heat and let the mixture cool slightly before pouring into the crust.
6. Place the tart into the fridge to set for 3+ hours, then slice and serve.