Vegan Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
You’ll definitely want a slice (or two) of @vegamelon’s plant-based take on one of our favorite comfort foods, banana bread!
- 3 Bananas, ripened and mashed
- 1/3 cup Plant-based Milk
- 1/3 cup Nut- or Seed-Butter
- 1/4 cup Neutral Oil, *in lieu of nut- or seed-butter
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 2 Banana + Almond Butter MacroBars, 1 bar finely chopped in food processor and second bar cut into larger pieces for topping
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla, optional
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger, optional
- Vegan Yogurt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: banana, nut butter, apple cider vinegar, milk, and sugar.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add in finely chopped Banana + Almond Butter MacroBar pieces (and vanilla extract + spices, if desired).
5. Gently combine the mixture with a spatula just until the flour is incorporated; do not over-mix.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. After the first 30 minutes, cover the loaf with aluminum foil if the top begins to brown.
7. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
8. Top loaf with (thick!) vegan yogurt and chopped Banana + Almond Butter MacroBar.