No-Bake Lemon Bars
Prep Time: 11 hours Cook Time: 0 minutes Total Time: 11 hours
When life gives you lemons, why not make @purelykaylie's No-Bake Lemon Bars! Perfect for those summer days when you don't want to turn your oven on. Top it with our Lemon + Lemon MacroBars for the perfect finishing touch.
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 cup Rolled Oats, crust
- 1/2 cup Almonds, raw, crust
- 2 Lemon + Lemon MacroBars, chopped, crust
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup, crust
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter, crust
- 1/4 tsp Salt, crust
- 1 can Full-Fat Coconut Milk, chilled, filling
- 1 1/2 cups Cashews, raw, filling
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup, filling
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted, filling
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, filling
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest, filling
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, filling
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric, optional for color, filling
1. Chill the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight (or longer), and soak the cashews in water overnight. After, drain the water.
2. Add all crust ingredients to a food processor. Process 3-5 minutes, or until a sticky crumble forms.
3. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the crust into the baking dish. Firmly press the crust across the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
4. Remove the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Open the lid and scoop out the solid cream at the top of the can. Discard the coconut water underneath (or save it for another recipe). Add the coconut cream, soaked cashews, and all other filling ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour the filling over the crust. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours or until the filling solidifies. Slice into 16 squares and enjoy!