Maple Pumpkin Donuts
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
We're thankful for @vegamelon for creating these delectable donuts that meld together the fall flavors of maple and pumpkin!
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour, or use Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Plant-based Milk
- 2 Maple Sea Salt MacroBars, crumbled in a food processor
- 1/2 cup Plant-based Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (or to taste), for the glaze
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Grease a donut pan and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: pumpkin, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and milk.
3. Then, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
4. Add in half the Maple Sea Salt MacroBar crumbles, then mix the batter with a spatula until combined.
5. Transfer batter to the donut pan and bake for ~15 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and let the donuts rest in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
7. To decorate: in a bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
8. Once the donuts have cooled completely, dip each one into the glaze mixture, then sprinkle with the other half of the Maple Sea Salt MacroBar crumbles.