Homemade Vegan Hummus
Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 10 minutes
This recipe has become a staple in the GoMacro kitchen, as it’s particularly easy to whip up in pinch!
- Two Cans Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Dark Chocolate + Almonds MacroBar, Chopped
- 1 Bag Gluten Free Pretzels (for dipping)
1. Fully drain & rinse out both cans of Garbanzo beans & dry thoroughly. (it is important to remove as much liquid as possible to prevent a runny dip.
2. Once dried, pour the Garbanzo beans into your blender / food processor, along with Maple Syrup, Almond Milk, Sea Salt, Vanilla and Almond Butter. (I prefer my hummus to be only lightly sweetened, to allow for the chocolate flavor to stand out).
3. Blend on high for 3 - 5 minutes (until mixture is totally lump free), and add additional sweetener to taste.
4. Once fully blended, pour your mixture into a bowl, cover with aluminum foil & cool in the fridge until ready to serve.
5. When serving chop your Dark Chocolate + Almond MacroBar into small chunks ( we can usually get between 12 - 16 pieces out of a bar) & top your cooled hummus. You can also add a drizzle of your favorite nut butter & chocolate covered chia seeds for extra flavor.
6. Grab your favorite gluten free pretzel, cracker, rice cake & enjoy!