Yield: 8 servings
- 14 oz. Full-fat Coconut Milk, vegan caramel
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Light Brown Sugar, vegan caramel
- Salt, pinch, vegan caramel
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, vegan caramel
- 2 - 3 MacroBars, crust
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil, melted, crust
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked overnight, filling
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream, filling
- 1/4 cup Vegan Caramel, filling
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice, fresh, filling
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, filling
- 1 cup Pecan Halves, heaping, topping
- 3/4 cup Vegan Caramel, topping
- Sea Salt, flaky, topping
1. Add the coconut milk and coconut sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
2. Continue to heat, stirring occasionally, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow it to simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until darkened and thickened into a sauce consistency.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in the salt and vanilla.
4. Pour the caramel into a glass jar and chill in the refrigerator, uncovered, while we make the crust.
5. Add in a MacroBar at the bottom of the pan.
6. Grease and line a 1 lb loaf pan with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over the sides for easy removal. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and freeze while we make the cheesecake.
7. Add all of the crust ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
8. Pour over the crust and spread even. Freeze the cheesecake for about 1-2 hours, or until frozen solid.
9. Add the pretzel and caramel to a bowl and stir to combine.
10. Spread the pretzels over the frozen cheesecake. Drizzle with more caramel if desired, as you should be left with about 1/2 cup extra.
11. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until the topping has thickened. Then sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
12. To serve, cut the bars when chilled but allow them to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating. When thawed, they have a super creamy cheesecake consistency.
13. From here, you can either store them in the refrigerator to keep that soft consistency or store in the freezer for longevity. They’ll keep in the fridge for about 5 days, but the freezer for about 6 weeks.