Vegan Penne Pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
This lightened up version of penne pasta is great for those nights when you're not sure what to make for dinner. Nutritional yeast and cashew cream sauce give this dish a decadent taste without all the butter and cream found in traditional recipes.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6-ounce can Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup Plain Plant-Based Milk of Choice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
1. Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil and prepare your noodles as preferred.
2. Add approx. 2 tbsp of oil to a large pan and bring to medium heat.
3. Dice your onion and add it to your pan, cooking until the onion begins to turn translucent (about 5 minutes).
4. Next add in your tomato paste along with 6 ounces of water, stirring well.
5. Add in your minced garlic with your dried seasonings and reduce your heat to medium low.
6. Add in your cashew cream sauce along with nutritional yeast and lemon juice, stirring well.
7. Once your sauce has reached its desired thickness serve on top of your favorite gluten-free penne pasta. For an added touch, garnish with fresh parsley, vegan parmesan, and an extra dash of red pepper.