Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
Our oh-so-delicious garlic mashed potatoes are reminiscent of the classic dish we dairy-free eaters often long for. Swapping butter and milk for homemade cashew cream and nutritional yeast, our plant-based version of a beloved staple is ready in less than an hour!
- 3 lbs Potatoes, Unpeeled
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Water
1. Soak 1 cup of cashews in 1 cup of water and let sit for at least 6 hours.
2. Rinse cashews and combine with 1 fresh cup of water, and blend on high in a blender until smooth.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding in potatoes carefully, and boil for a minimum of 30 minutes, until a knife can cleanly be pulled in and out of a potato.
4. Once fully boiled, rinse potatoes and keep in the large pot they were boiled in.
5. Add in garlic, olive oil, salt, nutritional yeast and cashew cream, mashing until smooth. - Enjoy!