Yield: 25 servings
- 2 1/4 cups Almonds
- 5 Dark Chocolate + Almonds MacroBars
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Flaky Salt, optional
1. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, blend 2 cups of the almonds into a fine flour. This may take a few minutes.
3. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add it to the food processor, along with the MacroBars and salt. Pulse to combine thoroughly.
4. Add the coconut flakes to the food processor and combine until a soft dough forms.
5. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press down to form the dough to the dish. You want a smooth top, so you may choose to roll it flat with a clean glass or press with a dry measuring cup. Freeze for 10 minutes, until firm.
6. Remove the dish from the freezer and slice the dough into bars, about 1 inch long and a half inch wide. Spread the bars out on a baking sheet and return to the freezer for 10 more minutes.
7. Just before the 10 minutes is up, add the dark chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
8. Remove the bars from the freezer. Dip each bar into the melted chocolate and immediately top with a whole almond and sprinkle each bar with flaky salt, if using. The chocolate hardens quickly, so it’s easiest to do this with a helper to place the almonds on top after you dip. This will get messy, but it’s worth it!
9. Return the chocolate-covered bars to the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until fully set, another 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 2 weeks.