Tofu & Vegetable Stir Fry
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
For those nights you're craving takeout, try Angie Asche's Low FODMAP alternative instead!
- 4 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Tamari or Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- small piece Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 - 4 tbsp Water
1. Combine all sauce ingredients together in a small dish or food processor and stir or blend until well combined. Add additional water one tablespoon at a time until a pourable sauce is formed to desired consistency.
2. Add about a tablespoon of FODY Garlic-Infused oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat, followed by the cubed tofu. Flip the tofu after a few minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
3. While tofu is cooking, dice and chop the vegetables, and prepare the rice. If using dry rice, boil in water for 15 minutes or as directions state on the package. Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
4. After removing the tofu and setting aside on a plate, add a little more oil to the skillet and sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
5. Add in the cooked rice and the tofu to the vegetables.
6. Pour in all of the sauce mixture and stir together until all ingredients are coated. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to four days.