Simple Summer Salad with Homemade Balsamic Dressing— January 30, 2018
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 - 5 Cups Kale , Freshly Chopped
- 1 Large Red Pepper , Cubed
- 1/2 Large Avocado , Sliced
- 1-2 Handfuls Cherry Tomatoes , Halved
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic , Minced
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1/2 Tablespoon Maple Syrup, (Optional)
1. Wash, dry & chop all vegetables & greens to prepare for salad. For those who are looking for a heartier salad, we’ve often added ½ cup of lentils, quinoa, or garbanzo beans for extra plant protein.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients & either whisk together or blend on low for 2 minutes. **(While you’ll still find yourself with a great dressing by simply whisking all ingredients together, I prefer blending them for a thicker & more evenly distributed dressing).
3. Dress your greens when ready to eat to prevent kale from wilting and overdressing your vegetables. - Enjoy!