Gluten-Free + Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 14 minutes Total Time: 59 minutes
For all you matcha drinkers out there, we have a sweet treat for you. Stop what you're doing and make @cookwith.cam's gluten-free and vegan matcha sugar cookies right now!
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Matcha
- 1 1/2 cup Organic Granulated Cane Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Raw Cashews, frosting, soaked overnight, drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk, frosting
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, frosting
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup, frosting
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, frosting, melted
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder, frosting
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients other than the sugar.
2. Cream together the vegan butter and sugar using your stand mixer or a hand mixer.
3. Once the two are combined, add in the almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix until a curdled liquid forms.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until a batter forms.
5. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Using a scoop form small balls of dough and place them 2 inches apart on your prepared tray. Gently flatten the dough balls with your fingers.
7. Bake for 14 minutes. Let the cookies cool.
8. To make the frosting, add all of the frosting ingredients to the blender. Blend until well combined.
9. Top the cooled cookies with frosting.