Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Entry-level clerical and frontline customer relations work, with primary responsibility for courteous and efficient facilitation of telephone calls and visitors. Expedites the steady and courteous flow of internal and external communications, such as incoming/outgoing telephone messages, visitors, messengers and delivery services. Incumbent receives moderate to light supervision in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates telephone console to facilitate internal messages and telephone transfers.
- Courteously and promptly determines nature of a caller's business and directs callers and visitors to the appropriate person or takes messages (including all pertinent information) for the person called.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and places outgoing calls.
- Issues and collects visitor's passes according to policy.
- Provides answers to routine inquiries and other information as appropriate.
- Monitor office/breakroom supply inventory and assist Purchasing Manager with placing orders.
- May perform simple clerical duties when time permits.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of information processed.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Must work the hours and/or shift assigned and begin and end work on time. Must meet attendance requirements.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
- Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Must assume responsibility for providing timely, appropriate responses to requests/suggestions/complaints or refer such comments to the appropriate person.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner, and be able to provide clarification, as necessary.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Provision to Cover: Human Resource Associate
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to perform basic math functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed written or oral instructions or requests.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a courteous, effective and efficient manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls.
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.