JOB TITLE: Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 5+
LOCATION: Viola, WI
POSITION TYPE: Salaried, full-time
LEADS OTHERS: Yes
DATE CREATED: 11/14/2016
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating the activities of supervisors and skilled maintenance and mechanical workers engaged in maintaining and repairing buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment. Primary contacts are with managers and employees to report concerns or request assistance in fixing problems. Arranges for the upkeep of GoMacro facilities, equipment, and property. Work is performed according to regular procedures and is reviewed upon completion unless there are unusual circumstances.
- Directs all workers engaged in overseeing and performing limited structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings and in maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilating systems and water distribution and plumbing systems
- Directs supervisors and workers engaged in grounds maintenance activities, such as mowing grass, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies. Inspects completed work for conformity to blueprints, specifications, and other building standards
- Supervise workers engaged in installing, servicing, repairing mechanical equipment, and checks the quality of the work performed
- Oversees maintenance and inventories of equipment and tools and the safety and operation of vehicles and equipment
- Designs write and plan work procedures as needed. Writes preventative maintenance schedules
- Trains, instructs employees, conducts performance reviews, initiates discipline, recommends transfers, or wage increases. Maintains good employee relations
- Approves sending equipment and vehicles out for specialized repair
- In case of accidents or other emergency situations, may need to perform maintenance tasks or drive maintenance vehicles
- Prepares documentation, including forms and various reports, checklists, as necessary
- Submits requests for new or replacement parts, equipment, tools, vehicles, and related items
- Recommends staffing levels of the department
- Oversees departmental budget and annual capital expenditure requests
- Interacts with other departmental managers and upper management
- Will perform the duties of subordinates, including driving vehicles
- Follows company policies and procedures, also explains company policy, rules, and departmental regulations
- Adhere to all GoMacro safety rules/guidelines, and even general obvious hazardous in your work area whether or not a specific safety rule or policy exists
- Other job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at anytime with or without notice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current knowledge of occupational health and safety (OSHA) standards, the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and other applicable rules, regulations, and practices.
- Knowledge of the proper operation and routine maintenance and repair of food manufacturing equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of the proper use of tools and equipment used in facilities, equipment, and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- May be required to operate motor vehicles and light trucks.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) with additional supervisory or management courses (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted)
- Apprenticeship or its equivalent in a formal trade school education
- Three to five years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear, and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to climb, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is mainly performed in a normal office environment and occasionally completed outside in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain or in garage structures that are often cooler or hotter than normal offices. Noise levels are usually moderate (normal office) and occasionally high due to the use of the equipment and the running of vehicle engines.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation describes and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
Provision to Cover:
VP of Operations, Manufacturing Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Technician
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.