Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our food manufacturing company as an Inbound Logistics Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and administering the inbound logistics processes for our raw materials and packaging supply chain. Additionally, you will be involved in coordinating inter-company warehouse transfers between our production plant, fulfillment warehouse, contract manufacturer(s), and external warehouse partners. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of logistics operations, excellent communication skills, and the ability to efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Inbound (Supply Chain) Logistics:
- Coordinate and manage the entire inbound logistics process for raw materials, ensuring timely delivery and availability for production.
- Coordinate internally with purchasing, production, and warehouse departments to ensure optimal inbound shipment planning.
- Collaborate with suppliers, their storage warehouses, freight brokers, and carriers, to schedule pickups, track shipments, and resolve any issues.
- Maintain accurate schedule of in transit and upcoming inbound shipments, including tracking information, delivery dates, and load information.
Inter-Company Warehouse Transfers:
- Facilitate the movement of goods between our production site, our fulfillment warehouse, contract manufacturers, and external warehouse partners.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to schedule and execute inter-warehouse transfers, ensuring timely and accurate delivery.
- Generate and maintain transfer documentation, including packing lists, bills of lading, and other miscellaneous shipping documentation.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners to ensure a smooth transfer process, addressing any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Monitor and track the movement of goods during inter-warehouse transfers, providing regular updates to stakeholders and resolving any discrepancies.
Supply Chain Collaboration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including procurement, production, and quality assurance, to ensure alignment and optimize supply chain operations.
- Participate in regular meetings to review inventory levels, demand forecasts, and production schedules, contributing to decision-making processes.
- Identify areas for improvement within the inbound logistics and inter-warehouse transfer processes, proposing and implementing solutions to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to logistics and supply chain management and apply relevant knowledge to improve operations.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation related to inbound logistics and inter-warehouse transfers.
- Generate and/or maintain regular reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs), related to the inbound logistics and inter-warehouse transfers.
- Analyze data and identify trends or patterns that could impact logistics operations, suggesting strategies to mitigate risks and enhance performance.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field (preferred).
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on finding practical solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, particularly when managing documentation and inventory records.
- Strong understanding of inbound logistics processes, including transportation, warehousing, and inventory management.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and suppliers.
- Proven experience in logistics coordination, preferably within the food manufacturing industry.
- Proficiency in using logistics management software and systems to track shipments and manage inventory.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and quality control processes are a plus.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the logistics coordinator role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or qualifications associated with the position.