JOB TITLE: Shopper Marketing Associate
POSITION TYPE: Salaried, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: Entry-level
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Shopper Marketing Associate position is an entry-level role that works to extend brand strategy and activation to platforms through small- to large-scale retailers through the development and execution of Shopper Marketing (SM) programs that will drive profitable volume and equity of GoMacro brands.
This position will report to Marketing, but will work closely with the Sales department to support omni-channel goals and ensure consistency in promotion, messaging, and content.
- Create strong relationships with key brand contacts and external partners in a manner that respectfully represents GoMacro Sales and Marketing teams
- Develop and execute collaborative Shopper Marketing programs that drive category growth, promote omni-channel shopping, facilitate cross-category conversion, and are profitable for both GoMacro and the retailer
- Evaluate Shopper Marketing programs upon completion and provide recommendations with comprehensive view of the program performance, ROI, sales results, and account-specific KPIs
- Act as resident expert on platforms and portals such as, but not limited to; Syndigo, IXOne, and 1WorldSync
- Manage campaigns via retailer-specific marketing portals such as, but not limited to: 84.51, Prism, PromoteIQ, etc., briefing design team on creative needs, building campaigns, uploading assets, and managing profromance alongside eCommerce Manager
- Ensure GoMacro generated content takes precident and flows seamlessly through retailer .com’s
- Align with Sales Organization in preparation for retailer reviews and resets
- Vet and suggest new programs that fall within Shopper Marketing budget
- Manage budget and reconciliation process
- Submit briefs, program plans, and orders to external partners (Clearinghouse, Brokers, Graphic Designers, etc.)
- Follow current processes and suggest improved strategies that increase overall brand awareness and drive in-store and online sales
- Keep finger on the pulse of the marketplace to ensure GoMacro is always represented in The GoMacro Way, yet following retailer- and program-specific specs
- Support Senior Marketing Manager with the ad hoc projects including asset management and content updates
- Strengthen relationship with eCommerce Manager and offer support with projects, campaigns, and ad hoc needs
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager and Partnerships Coordinator to plan out and execute retailer-specific social media campaigns
- Participate as an active member of the Marketing Team to collaborate and help achieve macro goals
Provision to cover: Sr. Marketing Manager
- Ability to support a 360-marketing plan that includes, among other tactics, using digital channels to drive conversion for new and existing products in-store and online
- Ability to fully collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Ecommerce, and with the Retailer; to achieve mutual objectives as one collective team
- Be a GoMacro brand expert and advocate for consistency on all fronts
- Have a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational and budget management skills, and desire to keep working until the job is done right
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Position-Specific Skills Required:
- 1-2 years experience in development of shopper marketing strategies and/or brand business objectives
- Strong understanding of consumer-packaged goods industry as well as retailer go-to-market strategies
- Understanding of promotional tactics and marketing vehicles such ranging from digital, media, coupons, print, partnerships and more
- Strong communication skills; speaking, presenting, writing and editing
- Experience working in a fast paced player/coach environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and desire to bring solutions to challenging internal and vendor-specific issues that may arise
Technical Expertise Required:
- Microsoft Suite proficient, with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing preferred
- Minimal travel required
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.