In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
That’s why we:
- Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.
- Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
- Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Sanitation Manager will direct and manage all sanitation activities, including leading the team in ensuring the cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment, production rooms, and general areas. As the Manager of the sanitation department, they will lead, develop, and coach all members of the sanitation department to ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures are always followed in accordance with GoMacro's standards. The Sanitation Manager will support overall company objectives In regard to facility layout, ventilation, and lighting to Improve the sanitation process. Additionally, the Sanitation Manager, shall act as the subject matter expert In sanitary design and will recommend equipment or building Improvements to allow for better sanitary design.
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time.
- Create a work environment that reflects a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, food safety and quality of products.
- Enforce GMP's and implement Food Safety Plan (FSP) processes and procedures.
- Work with 3rd party providers and consultants to maximize technical expertise, optimize supplier products, information, and equipment, research new cleaning technologies and techniques, and coordinate trials.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, and annual sanitation plans, MSS, budget forecast and performance.
- Work closely with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, sanitation needs and schedule changes.
- Participate in capital projects planning, new equipment installations and new product lines by providing sanitation recommendations and expertise.
- Collaborate with other support functions in engineering projects to ensure sanitary design objectives have been met.
- Maintain inventory of sanitation chemicals and supplies.
- Train staff on proper usage of sanitation chemicals.
- Develop, update, and maintain Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Maintain good communication with direct reports, peers and other members of management.
- Prepare reports regarding inspections, Pre-ops, sanitation violations, EMP results and corrective actions taken.
- Recommend changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures, and standards.
- Monitor completed sanitation tasks and cleanliness of plant.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees. Responsible for team member adherence to lock-out/tag-out of equipment prior to and during the cleaning process.
- Coordinate with maintenance or others as appropriate to solve sanitation-related problems.
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with Quality Department.
- Clearly communicate expectations to sanitation employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Alerts senior management on major Issues.
- Provides support on projects as needed.
- Works with other departments to achieve overall company objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Consistently work on a 3rd shift schedule
- 5+ years of sanitation experience In a food manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of management experience with leading a team
- Experience In food manufacturing Is required
- Experience In RTE Is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Proficient In computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to work In cold, hot, humid or wet manufacturing environment conditions, work with chemicals and stand/walk regularly
- Ability to create a team environment by sharing knowledge, Involving employees In developing solutions, and providing guidance, direction, feedback, and recognition to the team
Working knowledge of:
- 21CFR117 subpart b (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Sanitary Design
- Basic Food Microbiology
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- OSHA regulations In regards to sanitation