In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
That’s why we:
- Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.
- Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
- Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Ensure a clean and sanitized facility to produce a safe, high-quality product. Under the direction of the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Lead will assist In Implementing and maintaining sanitation programs, procedures, polices, and specifications. Additionally, develop and sustain close working relationships with other departments to Identify, solve, and prevent problems affecting quality and food safety.
- Oversee daily sanitation responsibilities
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, production rooms, general areas
- Ensure start up times are met
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation
- Verify and analyze results
- Enforce GMPs and facilitate Food Safety Plan (processes and procedures)
- Assist In ensuring sanitation operators are In compliance with sanitation procedures
- Create, review, and update sanitation WINs
- Train on WINs and keep up-to-date training records
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees. Responsible for team member adherence to lock-out/tag-out of equipment prior to and during the cleaning process.
- Monitor sanitation equipment and Inventory
- Order supplies and troubleshoot as necessary
- Assist In budgeting
- Facilitate chemical Inventory organization
- Chemical cage
- Mentor and train new sanitation operators by setting expectations, providing accountability, and performing evaluations
- Assist In review process
- Schedule operator rotation
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve Inquiries and problems
- Guide employees In problem solving techniques
- Assist In overseeing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sanitation responsibilities
- Aid In evaluating processes and methods; recommend measures to Improve practices (equipment, head count, etc.)
- Work with 3rd party providers and consultants
- Provide back-up support for Sanitation Supervisor as workload or absences requires
- Provide Operator coverage as needed
- Aids in facility and pre-op inspections
- Corrective Actions/Customer Complaints
- Assist In root cause analysis, correction, and prevention
- Alert senior management on major Issues
- Provide support on projects as needed
- Works with other departments to achieve overall company objectives
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Skills Required:
- 1-3 years of sanitation experience In a food manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of:
- 21CFR117 subpart b (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Sanitary Design
- Basic Food Microbiology
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- OSHA regulation In regards to sanitation
- Experience In food manufacturing
- Strong communication skills??
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills?
- Proficient In computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)?
- Able to work In cold, hot, humid or wet manufacturing environment conditions, work with chemicals and stand/walk regularly?
- Ability to create a team environment by sharing knowledge, Involving employees In developing solutions, and providing guidance, direction, feedback, and recognition to the team?