Position: Safety Coordinator
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Purpose: To serve as the staff specialist in safety by developing and carrying out procedures with the line organization that effectively control accident and health exposures in the company and minimize OSHA citations.
- Assists line and staff management to understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Investigates serious injuries in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notifies top management of pertinent details.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Assists in communicating hazard control information and evaluates effectiveness of the control.
- Guides and assists plant personnel at locations with critical safety and health problems.
- Overviews company accident statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Plans and directs safety and industrial hygiene services of insurance carriers to obtain optimum service.
- Works with trade and professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect company's business.
- Assesses new developments in the health and safety field that may have application to the company's operations.
- Establishes target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost-control objectives.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
- Acts as ranking company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety and health matters affecting the company.
- Investigates fatalities or serious injuries that occur at company facilities in which more than five employees are hospitalized.
- Works with workers' compensation department to follow high-cost or precedent-setting cases.
- May be required to assist with cost-control efforts, participate in manufacturing improvement committees, and the like.
- Other duties as warranted by senior management.
- Discipline/Coaching: Responsible for all training and disciplinary action for safety related items.
- Expenses: Safety equipment, supplies, and tools.
Skills/Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in safety engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) status preferred. One to three years of professional safety experience in manufacturing industry. Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Provision to Cover: Human Resource Manager
Teams: HACCP, SQF, Crisis, Recall
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.