Job Type: Full-time
In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
That’s why we:
- Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.
- Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
- Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Quality Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of quality, food safety, and SQF programs at GoMacro. This position will report to the Quality and Sanitation Manager and will be an Integral part of the Quality team.
- Auditing (SQF programs, Facility Inspections, External Warehouse Inspections)
- Scheduling of FSQA Annual Requirements (Mock Recalls, Food Defense Audits, Crisis Management Tests, etc.)
- Corrective Action Coordination
- Quality KPIs and KPI Reporting
- Quality OEE Data Inputs
- Film/Label Verification
- Document Control Coordination
- Hold Log and Contamination Log Review
- New Employee Quality/Food Safety Training
- PCQI Signoffs/Verifications
- Customer Complaint (review, investigation, and opening corrective actions as needed)
- Quality Technician Coverage (as needed)
- Alerts senior management on major Issues
- Provides support on projects as needed
- Works with other departments to achieve overall company objectives
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 1-3 years in a food manufacturing environment within the quality department
- Working knowledge of GFSI audit schemes (e.g., BRC, SQF, Global GAP, FSSC22000)
- Working knowledge of 21CFR117 subpart b (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- PCQI preferred (or ability to take training within 3 months of hire - GoMacro to pay for training)
- HACCP Certification preferred (or ability to take training within 3 months of hire - GoMacro to pay for training)
- BS In science field preferred
- Experience In food manufacturing Is required
- Experience In RTE Is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well Independently
- Ability to complete administrative tasks
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects in a changing, complex environment
- Collaborative and pragmatic mindset