In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.?
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.?
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.??
That’s why we:?
- Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.??
- Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
- Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.?
?Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
GoMacro is looking for a Purchasing Associate to join our Operations Team!
The Purchasing Associate will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Purchases goods and services according to company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Position-Specific Skills Required:
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Associates Degree in Business preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years working in a similar role required.
- Past experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred.
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.