Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
GoMacro is looking for a Purchasing Associate to join our Operations Team!
The Purchasing Associate will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Purchases goods and services according to company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Position-Specific Skills Required:
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Associates Degree in Business preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years working in a similar role required.
- Past experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred.
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.