Position: Production Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Purpose: Coordinate the manufacturing of food products by supervising staff along with organizing and monitoring work flow. This position is directly responsible for enforcing GoMacro policies and procedures among all on-shift production employees to meet customer quality and delivery requirements. This includes matters of work performance, quality, safety, attendance, teamwork, professionalism and general behavior.
Span of Control: All production employees.
- Safety: Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources while maintaining compliance with established GMP’s, policies and procedures. With the Operations Manager, participate in ergonomic assessments, hazard analysis and safety incident investigations. Ensure operation of equipment by overseeing proper use and calling for repairs as needed.
- Quality: Maintain quality standards by enforcing GMP’s and ensuring ingredients and finished product meet pre-defined specifications. Work cooperatively with quality department to collect testing samples and record quality data. Assist Quality Supervisor in root-cause analysis and investigation into quality concerns.
- Production: Ensure production crew meets production objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, GMP’s, policies, and procedures. Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the production process; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; recording production records and system logs; facilitating corrections to any deviations from policies or procedures; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between employees. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing production-related activities as needed.
- Training: Achieve cooperation and buy-in from subordinates. Provide training and orientation to the production process for new employees. Ensure adequate job coaching is provided and expectations are appropriately communicated. Resolve personnel problems through coaching, training, and utilizing the discipline process. Escalate personnel problems to management when necessary.
- Production Planning: Execute production plan by assigning personnel and flexing manpower as needed, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of production in production log. Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests from management.
- Other Skills: Other duties as warranted by senior management.
- Discipline/Coaching: Responsible for all training and disciplinary action for production personnel. Discipline and coach production employees on job duties, food safety, and GMP issues.
- Hiring/Firing: This position is responsible for hiring and firing of all production employees.
- Expenses: Production equipment, supplies, and tools.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to manage workflow and utilize manpower and equipment to efficiently produce goods. Ability to recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities. Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills. Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Conscientious about meeting deadlines and having an accurate work product. Ability to work as a team player, wiling to be hands on and perform activities in the plant when the need arises.
Provision to Cover: Director of Operations; Quality Manager & Food Scientist
Teams: HACCP, SQF, Crisis, Recall
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.