Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
*This position will be required to work onsite 3 days a week in CA.*
This position will manage all strategy and execution of Marketing Communications. The Marketing Communications Manager owns 'the GoMacro voice' and ensures that all communication falls into one consistent tone that adequately represents the organization. This includes but is not limited to blogs, articles, emails, texts, recipes, website comms, philanthropy comms, press/media, etc.
- Create, gain approval on, and manage execution of content calendar - This includes getting needed approvals well in advance of publish dates
- "Own" and take personal pride in the quality of the content created; from the strategy (which ideas for when) to the execution (few if any typo's, misspellings, and editorial mishaps)
- Act as communication and grammar expert - knowledgeable of APA, MLA, etc. styles and rules while aligning with direction from Senior Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing
- Manage the contracted copywriter to deliver high quality content, on-time, and on-budget
- Coordinate with, work alongside, and manage the relationship with the agency with regard to content calendar creation and execution
- Vet current processes and suggest improved communication strategies that increase overall brand awareness
- Keep finger on the pulse of the marketplace to ensure GoMacro is on trend, on current topic, but always in The GoMacro Way
- Manage relationships with all philanthropy partners (Give Back, etc.) and communicate activation plans with Marketing Department
- Manage existing and seek out additional press and media relationships
- Work alongside Social Media Manager and HR department to establish and own companywide LinkedIn strategy (company and employee presence in addition to determining appropriate cadence of communication
- Participate as an active member of the Marketing Team to collaborate and help achieve macro goals
- Ability to handle the pressures of a rapidly growing, and ever-changing work environment
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative
- Must have excellent organizational skills and extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Problem solving skills and desire to bring solutions to challenging business problems
- Must have a passion for PR and be able to present new opportunities to evolve our ongoing strategy
- Support various ad hoc marketing projects as needed
Position-Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to conceptualize, write, and edit various digital and print communication pieces
- Ability to create scopes of work and manage external copywriter
- Ability to manage new and long term press relationships on behalf of the brand
- Ability to manage a high volume of emails and juggle multiple projects
- Microsoft Suite proficient
- Adobe Suite knowledge a plus
Leadership Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills; speaking, presenting, writing and editing
- Experience working in a fast paced player/coach environment
- Experience leading others to deliver high quality work on tight timing
- High Emotional Quotient; experience working with executives
Technical Expertise Required:
- Experience working with Attentive, Business Wire, Mention and other similar technologies
- Microsoft Suite proficient
- Prior Food & Beverage industry a bonus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 Years in Agency, PR or relevant field
- Minimal travel required