JOB TITLE: Marketing Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 4 to 10
LOCATION: Southern CA
POSITION TYPE: Salaried, full-time
WAGE: Depends on experience
LEADS OTHERS: Not currently
DATE CREATED: 5/12/2021
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Position Description / Responsibilities:
The Marketing Communications Manager will be a key member of the marketing team reporting to the VP Marketing. This role will have broad visibility to the executive team; especially the CEO/Founder.
Primary responsibility is to manage the strategy and execution of all Marketing Communications. This includes but is not limited to: blogs, articles, emails, texts, recipes, website communications, philanthropy communications, and more. Further detailed job expectations below:
· Create, gain approval to, and manage execution of the marketing plans content calendar with clear strategy incorporation across all assets.
o This includes getting the needed approvals well in advance of publish dates.
· Manage the contracted copywriter to deliver high quality content, on-time, and on-budget.
· “Own” and take personal pride in the quality of the content created; from the strategy (which ideas to communicate when) to the execution (few, if any, typo’s, misspellings, and editorial mishaps).
· Coordinate with, work alongside, and manage the relationship with the agency regarding the content calendar creation, editing, and execution throughout the year.
· Keep finger on the pulse of the consumer, retailer, and marketplace in general to ensure GoMacro is on trend, on current topic, and addresses relevant topics (both positive and negative) but always in the GoMacro Way.
· Participate as an active member of the marketing team to collaborate, take on new projects, assist co-workers, and generally help GoMacro maximize it’s growth potential.
· Strong communication skills; speaking, presenting, writing and editing.
· Experience working in a fast paced player/coach environment.
· Experience leading others to deliver high quality work on tight timing.
· High Emotional Quotient; experience working with executives.
· 4 year degree in relevant field
· 4-10 years of experience in a related position
Minimal travel required.
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.