JOB TITLE: Industrial Engineer
LOCATION: Viola, WI
POSITION TYPE: Salary, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: VP Of Operations
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 7+ years
DATE CREATED: 03/15/2022
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Ameia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Industrial Engineer utilizes innovative design systems to deliver streamlined operations to the natural food and organic food industry on budget and on time. Develop meticulous solutions that serve our internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will have a natural desire to improve processes and a drive to lead dynamic projects that improve the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve design challenges
2. Conceive, design, test, and develop innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives
3. Evaluate and explore new and existing processes, equipment, and materials as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards
4. Verify that purchased equipment, utensils, and protective clothing comply with sanitary standards, NSF standards, or another type of certification whenever possible
5. Ensure that all equipment and utensils are designed, constructed, installed, operated, and maintained as to meet any applicable regulatory requirements and do not present a contamination risk to products
6. Foster GoMacro’s reputation by delivering innovative solutions while upholding company, federal, and state regulations
7. Manage and conduct employee training for productivity improvement projects, and mentor fellow team members during projects
8. Utilize principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to streamline processes
9. Provide input on capital plan, including facility expansion and selection, specifications, and process integration of manufacturing equipment
10. Current, and future facility layout planning
11. Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in production
12. Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and root cause analysis to formulate/support innovation, corrective actions, and continuous improvement activities
13. Develop and design robust manufacturing concepts to simplify/improve manufacturing processes to ensure best practice, performing structural and thermal analyses of components and assemblies, building prototypes, evaluating performance, identifying issues, and make improvements
14. Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, including process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, labor utilization, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing
15. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insight and direction
16. Utilize Project management tools to coordinate the completion of complex industrial projects, involving multiple business functions, department manager, and outside contractors
17. In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing principles
18. Hands-on experience building small prototypes
19. Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing
20. Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads; provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates and management
21. Advanced experience using MS suite, including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
22. Adhere to all GoMacro safety rules/guidelines, and even general obvious hazardous in their work area whether a specific safety rule or policy exists
23. Use drafting / rendering software (AutoCAD, Pro-E) to model, plan to optimize layouts and processes
24. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience with Pro-E and AutoCAD (2-D/3-D), knowledge of advanced product quality planning (APQP) and production part approval process (PPAP). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with courses in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience plus 7 plus years’ related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or time study data. Ability to write reports and standard documentation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires the ability to operate various equipment to include a computer, stopwatch, and various office equipment. Requires a good understanding of manufacturing equipment and the manufacturing process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Provisions to Cover: Maintenance Manager, Production Manager, and VP of Operations