Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Human Resource Generalist will work the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department with a specialized focus on the unique requirements of a food manufacturing environment. This role involves managing various HR functions, such as hiring, interviewing staff, administering benefits, supporting the safety program, and ensuring the enforcement of company policies and practices specific to the GoMacro Way.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments, with a keen awareness of industry-specific regulations and certifications related to food safety and production.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions, collaborating closely with departmental managers to understand the specialized skills and competencies.
• Conducts or oversees background checks and employee eligibility verifications, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
• Implements new hire orientation programs tailored to the unique aspects of the food manufacturing environment, incorporating safety protocols and industry-specific practices.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff. Addresses concerns related to workplace safety and compliance.
• Attends and actively participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, ensuring adherence to both general HR principles and industry-specific regulations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, as well as industry-specific guidelines for food manufacturing. Regularly reviews policies and practices to ensure alignment with industry standards.
• Stays informed about trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law, with a focus on the evolving landscape of the food manufacturing industry.
• Performs other duties as assigned, adapting to the dynamic nature of the food manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, recognizing the unique challenges of managing a diverse workforce in the food industry.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately, recognizing the urgency of certain matters in the context of a production-driven environment.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality, adhering to the ethical standards of the HR industry.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
• At least one year of human resource generalist experience required, with a preference for experience in the food manufacturing industry.
• SHRM-CP certification is a plus.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, with an understanding of the demands of administrative work in a manufacturing setting.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times, recognizing the potential physical requirements associated with certain HR tasks in a production environment.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities, considering the layout and requirements of a food manufacturing facility.
Travel will be primarily local during business hours, with an understanding of the need for on-site presence in a manufacturing environment.
Provision to Cover:
Human Resource Associate