JOB TITLE: Horticulturist/Landscape Designer
LOCATION: Viola, WI
DEPARTMENT: Farm Support
POSITION TYPE: Part to Full Time
REPORTS TO: Garden Supervisor
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 2+
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Horticulturist-Landscape Designer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of planting plans for the GoMacro Farm. Duties will include planning, designing, planting, and maintaining flower and shrub beds on the farm. Other duties may include assisting with orchard maintenance and plantings at the GoMacro production facilities in Viola.
- Daily work on the growth, maintenance, and health of plants and landscaping.
- Develop and administer maintenance programs including plant selection and ordering, irrigation, fertilization, pest and disease control, pruning and planting.
- Provide recommendations on design, planting and maintenance of exterior growing spaces; including, but not limited to: container plantings, planter beds, and specialty gardens to ensure aesthetic direction and appeal.
- General overall horticultural knowledge
- Extensive perennial and annual plant knowledge
- Ability to diagnose plant nutrient deficiencies and treat as necessary
- Ability to identify pests and plant diseases, with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of organic pest control measures
- In-depth knowledge of wide range of plants (perennials and annuals), trees, shrubs, native grasses, ornamentals that are commonly grown in our climate zone
- Proficiency in plant terminology
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter possessing great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to undertake manual labor
- Able to work outside in normal Wisconsin weather from early spring until late fall
- Must demonstrate high standard of professionalism
- Adhere to all company safety rules and guidelines
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
- Ability to bend / twist
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to read and create landscape design documents.
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and/or employees of the company
No travel will be required with this position.