JOB TITLE: Food Technician/R&D Intern
LOCATION: Viola, WI
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
POSITION TYPE: Hourly, full-time
REPORTS TO: Senior Food Scientist
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
- Support the R&D team with new product development and renovation initiatives; including product formulating, preparing benchtop samples, ordering of ingredients and supplies, taking measaures, and other related tasks.
- Intern Project: Work with Food Scientist to develop a new product with presentation; encompassing ideation through final approval for scale up. Product does not have to be implemented.
- Operating as well as maintaining lab equipment and lab environment.
- Administer tests including sensory, shelf-life studies, ingredient evaluations, product evaluations include recording and compiling data, analysis, summarize findings, make recommendations, and preparing reports.
- Utilize Genesis© Food System; input data, maintain system, generate NFPs and Ingredient statements.
- Assist with ingredient and R&D lab supply inventory.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and managing of Systems and Processes.
- Responsible for Analytical testing of products and ingredients.
- Operate and maintain food preparation and packaging equipment in R&D lab
- Oversee the receiving of supplies and ingredients
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- High school degree required. Some college preferred.
- Dedicated to consistently functioning with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Willingness and drive to develop skills and knowledge fundamental to Food R&D and this position.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Has effectively utilized Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and Word.
- Has basic computer skills as well as proficient math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, & percentages)
- Ability and willingness to taste, smell, and consume food/ingredient products for evaluation and critical review.
- Strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to create business relationships both internall as well as with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to adhere to GMPs and safety measures at all times in production and lab
- Must work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time is to be expected
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic mechanical ability and skills to maintain and operate pilot and lab food processing equipment