JOB TITLE: Food Science Intern, R&D
LOCATION: Viola, WI
DEPARTMENT: Research & Development
WAGE: Depends on Experience
POSITION TYPE: Hourly, Internship
REPORTS TO: Senior Food Scientist
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
A responsible and enthusiastic individual to coordinate and complete R&D lab work for the product development team. This position may assist the quality department and production department with testing and plant trials.
· Conduct shelf-life studies; run analysis, summarize findings, and make recommendations
· Perform benchtop formulation as directed
· Generate nutrition facts panels and ingredient statements using Genesis software
· Manage ingredient and R&D lab supply inventory
· Perform lab testing on samples (pH, Aw, Moisture, Texture, Viscosity)
· Perform sensory analysis of ingredients and products
· Develop sensory tests, summarize results, and make recommendations
· Operate and maintain food preparation and packaging equipment in R&D lab
· This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
· High school degree required; Some college preferred
· Desire to learn more about food manufacturing and food science
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
· Proficient math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages)
· Ability to taste, smell, and consume food products for evaluation
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to adhere to GMPs and safety measures at all times in production areas and lab
· Must work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally
· Walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time is to be expected
· Basic mechanical skills and ability to maintain and operate pilot and lab food processing equipment
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.