JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: LaCrosse, WI
POSITION TYPE: Salary
REPORTS TO: CFO/COO
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 1+
DATE MODIFIED: 11/08/2022
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The Executive Assistant will support the Chief Operations Officer / Chief Financial Officer. This role will coordinate and manage the executive’s calendar, travel, and expense reports.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate can identify and anticipate the COO/CFO’s needs. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals, including members of the Executive Team, external partners, employees and leaders that report to the COO/CFO. This individual would be supporting Executive Team members who are located in California, so flexibility with time and schedule would be important. To perform this job successfully, the individual must handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel, and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a daily calendar of meetings and events
- Organize complex calendars and schedules; proactively resolving any scheduling issues
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Prepare expense reports
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal communication
- Manage the Executive's contacts
- Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with some contact outside normal business hours
- Welcome the Executive’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Suite matters
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment
- Conserve the Executive's time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed in advance
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Associate's degree preferred
- Some experience preferred in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Flexible hours as dictated by business needs for projects and meetings
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.