Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
GoMacro, a rapidly growing organic nutrition bar manufacturing business, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. As the Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives, overseeing engineering projects, and contributing to strategic planning and capacity expansion efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving company that values innovation, sustainability, and the well-being of its employees and customers.
Summary of the Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for the Engineering Manager position at GoMacro will be a highly motivated and results-driven professional with a strong background in continuous improvement methodologies. They should have excellent leadership skills, be adept at managing cross-functional teams, and possess a passion for driving operational excellence. The candidate should have experience leading kaizen events and implementing Lean Six Sigma principles. Additionally, they should have a solid understanding of industrial engineering concepts and best practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Oversee engineering projects: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement engineering projects that improve production processes, increase automation, and enhance overall efficiency.
- Contribute to strategic planning and capacity expansion: Work closely with senior management to develop and execute strategic plans for the expansion of production capacity, including evaluating equipment needs, optimizing layouts, and identifying opportunities for automation.
- Develop and maintain process documentation: Create and update standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process flowcharts to ensure consistency, quality, and efficiency in manufacturing operations.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives: Implement Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools to identify and eliminate process inefficiencies, reduce waste, and optimize overall operational performance.
- Plan and execute kaizen events: Coordinate and lead cross-functional teams in kaizen events to improve processes, enhance productivity, and foster a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with production, quality assurance, maintenance, and supply chain teams to identify improvement opportunities, address bottlenecks, and streamline processes to meet production targets and customer demands.
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs): Collect and analyze data to measure operational performance, identify trends, and develop actionable recommendations to drive operational excellence.
- Stay updated with industry trends and best practices: Continuously research and implement new tools, techniques, and technologies in industrial engineering to enhance manufacturing capabilities and stay ahead of the competition.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial engineering roles within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Proven track record of leading and facilitating kaizen events and implementing process improvements.
- Experience in project management, including planning, execution, and monitoring of engineering projects.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, interpret, and leverage data to drive operational improvements.
- Proficiency in process mapping, time studies, line balancing, and other industrial engineering techniques.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Familiarity with automation technologies and their implementation in manufacturing processes.
- Experience with capacity planning, production scheduling, and inventory management.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing industry regulations, safety standards, and quality management systems is a plus.
If you are passionate about continuous improvement, have a strong background in industrial engineering, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for the Engineering Manager position at GoMacro. Join us in our mission to create delicious, plant-based protein and nutrition bars while making a positive impact on people's lives and the planet.