JOB TITLE: Customer Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: EVP of Sales
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 5+
LOCATION: CA preferred /Open
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
LEADS OTHERS: No
DATE CREATED: December 2020
In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the five values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
That’s why we:
- Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.
- Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
- Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
GoMacro is looking for a CUSTOMER MARKETING MANAGER to join our Sales Team.
The Customer Marketing Manager is the key communication link between the brand team, operations, creative, sales finance, customer service and the sales field on all aspects of the account relationship and brand management to ensure flawless execution.
Sales planning and forecasting
- Lead the annual sales planning process utilizing key learnings, category insights, key competitor analysis, shopper, customer and market condition information, brand strategies, and budget considerations resulting in delivery of the strategic sales plan, trade budget goal, and sales execution action plan (MAPS).
- Collaborate with Operations and Sales on promotion, baseline, and new item forecasting to ensure proper inventory levels and production forecast accuracy.
- Provide key forecasting inputs for sales levers for the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) financial planning process.
- Own the modeling, management, and communication of NEP goals and performance.
- Work with Sales to provide recommendations on strategies programming of Customer Specific Marketing (CSM) and Customer Event Plans (CEP).
- Own the execution of CSM and CEP tactics and results.
- Partner with Sales and the Customer Development Manager to develop off-shelf merchandising vehicles to drive sales, capture incremental space, and support promotions.
Brand and product development
- Actively partner with Marketing and R & D on new item development and provide leadership on channel launch strategy, trade spending guidance, MAPS tactics, packaging requirements, and insight into pipeline forecasts.
- Partner with the Category Insights team to develop category selling presentations for new and existing products utilizing consumer trend information, syndicated data, category insights, and recommendations for implementation of strategies and tactics designed to grow GoMacro brands and the overall category.
- Join account managers on customer sales calls and at trade shows as the brand expert upon request.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Ability to connect, collaborate, and effectively inspire/influence internal and external partners to achieve business goals.
- Aptitude for managing and executing projects start to finish with an elevated understanding of the big picture goals and strategies.
- Leverage trade math, analytics, and consumer data to develop customer and channel insights and make recommendations for strategic action to achieve desired results.
- Utilize forecasting and financial planning skills to help develop and meet sales, trade, and financial budgets.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors, and contributions, and communicate internally and externally with positive and respectful interaction.
- Develop sales and process opportunities and problem solve through creative and critical thinking,
Technical Expertise Required
- Proficiency with MS Office and syndicated data (ACNielsen/IRI) measures.
- A BA minimum with an emphasis in Marketing or Sales or other job-related business experience.
- Five+ years sales experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Prior experience in customer marketing, trade marketing, or customer development required.
- About 5-10% travel for sales meetings, trade shows, customer visits.
- High Emotional Quotient, collaborative, and a respectful communicator.
- Low ego, growth oriented mindset.
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.