JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 3+
LOCATION: Viola, WI
POSITION TYPE: Salaried, full-time
WAGE: Depends on Experience
LEADS OTHERS: Yes
DATE CREATED: 11/9/2016
***$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!*** ($1,000 AFTER 30 DAYS, $1,000 AFTER 90 DAYS)
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Supervision of the PTL, Egan, and Chip Room production lines. This includes monitoring the performance of production workers, verifying product quality, handling employee station scheduling, and tracking key performance metrics (such as those related to quality and efficiency). Responsibilities include training, discipline, performance reviews, hiring, firing, and overseeing production team to ensure high work performance and safety to meet customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Direct set up, provide adjustments, and monitor production equipment to ensure safe and accurate operation
- Report any equipment issues to Production Manager or maintenance
- Maintain quality standards by enforcing GMP’s and ensuring ingredients and finished product meet pre-defined specifications
- Work cooperatively with quality department to collect testing samples and record quality data
- Report food safety and quality issues to the Production Manager
- Uphold a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources while maintaining compliance with established GMP’s, policies and procedures
- Direct team members on suitable personal protective equipment to complete daily tasks
- Assist maintenance by overseeing proper equipment use and requesting repairs as needed
Employee Training & Mentoring:
- Ensure adequate job mentoring is provided and expectations are appropriately communicated by the leads
- Facilitate personnel problems through coaching, discipline, and training process
- Obtain support from the production manager on personnel problems when necessary
- Create station rotations for production staff to ensure proper ergonomics
Achieving Production Goals:
- Partner with all departments, share technical knowledge, skills, and information to continuously improve overall plant production and food safety
- Monitor production workers during production activities to ensure adherence to safety and quality procedures and protocols
- Promote healthy communications between production employees and management
- Other duties as warranted by senior management
- Discipline production employees
- Consult Production Manager and HR for guidance when needed
Span of Control:
- All production employees
- Knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP
- Knowledge and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ability to complete records accurately and timely
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Possess the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing setting is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing is preferred
There is minimal travel required with this position.
Provision to Cover:
Production Lead and Production Manager
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.