JOB TITLE: Quality Technician
REPORTS TO: Quality Supervisor
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 1+
LOCATION: Viola, WI
POSITION TYPE: Hourly, full-time
LEADS OTHERS: No
DATE CREATED: 11/4/2016
Why join the GoMacro team?
We’re a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro’s history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar® recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Ensure safe food through quality assurance practices and quality control testing. In coordination with the Quality Lead, assists with food safety procedures, enforcement, and solving quality and food safety related issues.
- Perform daily laboratory procedures on incoming ingredients and finished product, which encompasses water activity, moisture content, pH, aerobic plate counts, yeast/mold counts, gluten levels, texture analysis, and sensory analysis
- Keep accurate and up to date documentation with hard copies and computer entries. Analyze results and report any non-conformances
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs):
- Monitor and enforce the FDA regulated policies for GMP’s to provide a product that is safe for human consumption
- Document hourly GMP checks and correct any non-conformances
- Monitor and enforce quality policies for production and sanitation
- Perform hourly checks on bar lengths and pressure tests
- Perform production audits throughout the shift
- Conduct product change / startup label checks to ensure that the correct labels are being used
- Document and keep up to date records of any foreign materials found in ingredients and finished products
- Assist in investigating origin of foreign material
- Other duties as warranted by senior management
- This position is responsible for monitoring GMPs amongst all employees
- This includes providing corrective action and coaching wherever it is needed
- Director of Food Safety, Quality Assurance and R&D, Quality & Sanitation Manager, and/or Quality Supervisor will approve and expense any needed goods for the Laboratory
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Product knowledge
- Process evaluation
No travel is required with this position.
Provision to Cover:
Quality Technician, Quality Coordinator, and Quality Supervisor
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.